Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What's big and small anyway?

Yesterday I was ready to just say "hell with it"; I'll cancel the whole tour, don't have enough dates, confirmed guarantee's, don't have my apartment rented out, no one to watch my cats. It's too much work, too uncertain, too hard. I pulled a rune and of course it told me this is a time to reflect. I know better; forcing things never accomplishes anything. So I turned to my true love, I finished a few tracks that had been on my "to do" list for weeks. Focusing on creating and completing MUSIC!

I didn't schedule band rehearsal, but invited the "still in question" bassist over to our home to go over the songs and get to know him a bit better.

My amazing and supportive man held me and said "Whatever you decide I'm on your side baby". We went for a walk, I ran and felt already a hundred times better. Back home, I started to reflect on my past achievements; events, all the obstacles I had overcome so far, way scarier and riskier than this little 5 week tour.

It's not the first time I booked a tour not having a full band, not the first time I started from scratch. I grew up in communism, I risked my life for my freedom and started from zero, I packed my bags again and moved to the US. I lived in NY build my band, my life. I moved to LA with half of my band and started all over. Each time things get's better and better. Each time I'm moving forward.

Two weeks ago I got so inspired while tracking our cover "Ace of Spades"; I decided to make a music video, before we go on tour; made some phone calls; a week later we have a meeting with our video producer and an amazingly and talented producer/director friend who's totally in it. All from Inpspired Action!

When I trust and allow to let things flow, everything happens effortless.

Long story short; the bassplayer is really cool and coming with us, matter of fact, if we still like each other five weeks from now, he'll be the new bassist in PINK STAR; the new child and creation of Otto's Daughter. Woooooooooooooooho

Trust the process!
xXx
JVB

2 comments:

draiocht said...

Pink Star? New project, new style?

Jacqueline van Bierk said...

Slightly different from Otto's Daughter. Just another dimension:)